Spencer’s Chance by Dominique Eastwick

Spencer’s Chance
By: Dominique Eastwick
Publisher: Amazon Digital Services
Published: October 22, 2015
Genre: Contemporary, Romance
Length: Novel
Heat Level: Spicy
Reviewer: Toni
Date: November 2, 2015

 

Spencer Sherman knows how to run a billion dollar business; he understands his employees, and the market around him. But he has lost his way when it comes to love and family. With a rift with his younger brother and unrequited love of his sister in law, Spencer has taken a wrong turn somewhere and it just so happens it might lead him to his heart’s desire.

Chance McKinney is content with her simple life. She is adored by her family and friends and no one can turn down her apple pies. Yet being the friend has worn thin and this virgin doesn’t see anything in the area that will change things. Until a tall, gorgeous stranger walks into her shop and turns everything she once thought on its head.

Can two people from different worlds find the love they both desperately crave or will mistakes from the past prove too much to overcome?


Since the beginning of this fabulous series I have wanted Spencer’s story. Finally it has been told and I’m not quite sure how I feel about it.

Spencer screwed the pooch in book two of the Spencer Family series, Tony’s Haven. While his heart was in the right place, his act of trying to capture his brother’s love interest, Haven, it pretty much blew up magnificently in his face. He lost the girl and he lost his brother with one act of what he saw as kindness and misplaced love.

Chance is a woman known around town for her baking. Well her baking skills and her unselfish heart. Her friends and family come first and she will sacrifice her own happiness for them. She doesn’t even see what she is doing, because at the end of the day she is happy in her life.

Spencer stumbles upon Chance accidentally. Upon first glance, he is intrigued by Chance. By his first taste of her apple turnover, he wants a taste of her. By their first date, he knows that he has been given a second chance at love.

So why am I so unsure how I feel about Spencer’s Chance? I can't quite put my finger on it and that is why it took so long to write this review.  It's a very cute love story, but it gave off a kinda of teddy bear stalker feel to me. What could I possibly mean by “teddy bear stalker”? Well, I can’t really say without giving a bit of the story line away. Let’s just say, you got this big beautiful man who suddenly wants you, will do anything to have you and isn’t afraid to tell you. Screw the consequences. It basically had me flashing back to his brother’s story, the one that started this whole Tony-Haven-Spencer triangle. I didn’t feel like he learned from his past mistakes and that he jumped on the first girl that….Nope I can’t say, it will give it away.

I still love, love, love Spencer and I adored Chance and found her fabulous, but I wanted more for Spencer. He has been through hell. His heart was stomped on. He had become enemy number one and he had lost friends and family because of what he did. Not to mention he had to constantly put on a smiley face around the happy couple. My boy deserved more, more, more dammit.

That being said, I’m so very happy he found Chance. She was actually perfect for him and there lies my confusion. I was disappointed in the behind the scenes story line. It gave off a needy feeling, but I still loved her for him. The story line did complete the loose ends from several stories ago, but it felt borrowed to me. Ms. Eastwick had big shoes to fill, because I fell so hard for Spencer. She still wrote a wonderful story and after a second read through I liked it even more, but not as well loved as prior installments.

No more dwelling. Now bring on the Trent. I’m feeling good about the next story. Don’t leave a girl hanging!



Share this article :

Post a Comment

Disclosure as Per the FTC Guidlines:
All books reviewed at Got Romance! Reviews have been provided by the Publishers or Authors for free. Got Romance! Reviews has not been compensated for any reviews.
Got Romance! Reviews does not own any images, book covers or portraits on the site.
Book Cover images are from the various authors, pubishers or Goodreads
Elvin Pin-Up art were acquired from Elvgren PinUp
Hilga Pun-Up art were acquired from Toilgirls
Elvin and Hilga copyrights owned by Brown and Bigelow
Copyright © 2011. Got Romance! Reviews - All Rights Reserved
Template Creater | Proudly powered by Blogger