Blame It On Mistletoe by Tess MacKall










A free read for you!

Samantha’s gaze nailed Caleb, who was receiving his usual slaps on the back for a job well done. All the employees loved Caleb and hated her. She made them work for their money, and Caleb threw parties! He glanced up, and his green-eyed stare locked with hers. Why did he have to go and do that? They’d been playing cat and mouse for a long time, and she knew what was behind that look. On more than a few occasions he’d said some things to go along with that baby-I-can-give-you-what-you-want gaze that inferred he could do just that. He only did it to ruffle her feathers. Caleb didn’t really want to fuck her, and she made damn sure he understood she didn’t want him to—or at least managed what she hoped was a good impersonation of disinterest. She’d be mortified if he knew the truth.  
            Grinning, he motioned for her to come downstairs.  
            Samantha mouthed, “No way.”
            Caleb mouthed back, “It’s Christmas,” and shook a sprig of mistletoe over his head.
            Oh, God. The thought of his lips on hers sent her body into sensual overload. His bright green eyes darkened, and he opened his mouth to run the tip of his tongue back and forth across his bottom lip. Her hands tightened on the metal banister. Get a grip, girl. She and Caleb would never work—even for one night. Feigning indifference, she shrugged.
            Samantha thought he’d look away, but he didn’t, and as hard as she tried to stop staring, she couldn’t. Dressed in jeans and a dark blue thermal shirt, he had this way about him. Most people weren’t that comfortable in their own skin, but Caleb sure as hell was. His wavy black hair was a little too long but somehow suited him. He hadn’t shaved in a couple of days, and the dark stubble on his cheeks was sexy as hell. A big guy who didn’t need to work out to have muscles of steel, he simply took over a room and never gave it a second thought.
            But his laid back, let-the-chips-fall-where-they-may attitude really pissed her off.
            How could someone she disliked so much make her pussy so damn wet? She clenched her thighs. Oh, hell no. That only made the throbbing run the length of her body and spread the sex-hungry sensations to places she didn’t know could feel them. For a brief moment she had the fleeting thought of putting a stop to the orgy atmosphere below and sending everyone home. That would fix Caleb—and elevate her to the status of Tiny Tim killer! Samantha flexed her fingers, gave Caleb a go-to-hell look, turned and retreated to her office. She’d had enough of being on the outside looking in—enough of whatever kind of spell it was that Caleb had cast on her long years ago on prom night, too. It was Christmas Eve, and they’d be gone soon. In the meantime, she’d simply get back to work. 






What others are saying about Blame It On Mistletoe:

"Ms MacKall's Blame It On Mistletoe reads like a forest fire flashover – quick, sizzling and irresistible. " ~author Becca Dale


"Hot from start to finish! I'm surprised the snow didn't melt with all the sparks they were throwing off each other!"  ~ author Stephanie Beck

"Tess McCall weaves a smoldering hot Christmas tale that will make everywoman wish they had a hot hero under the mistletoe."  ~author Mahalia Levey

Like what you've read so far? We'll email you the entire story as a free gift from Tess MacKall and Got Romance Reviews!   GotRomanceReviews at Gmail dot com
Share this article :

+ comments + 102 comments

December 19, 2010 at 8:57 AM

We can't thank you enough Tess for this wonderful gift to everyone in the holiday season. I'm sure Santa will make note and put you on the very nice AND naughty list for your super sexy story.

December 19, 2010 at 9:11 AM

I'll second that! What a great read, gorgeous cover and generosity!

December 19, 2010 at 9:24 AM

I got a peek at the story first, and I'm still in awe that Ms. MacKall gave us such a great gift! I hear there are a couple of other authors who did likewise...I'm going to put them on my ereader to enjoy again by the Christmas tree

December 19, 2010 at 9:47 AM

I'm definitely blaming the mistletoe for falling in love with this story! It's an instant classic holiday story in my book... :)

December 19, 2010 at 10:25 AM

wow what a great gift . Please add me
meandi09@yahoo.com

December 19, 2010 at 10:34 AM

Your book is on the way!

December 19, 2010 at 10:43 AM

Oh I love it! Please add me to the list!

dreabecraft@aol.com

December 19, 2010 at 10:59 AM

Your copy is on the way Drea!

December 19, 2010 at 11:06 AM

This is a great excerpt! Please add me: jp316ad@gmail.com

December 19, 2010 at 11:09 AM

Watch your email, Yvonne I just send you copy. Thanks!

December 19, 2010 at 11:30 AM

Now that was a great tease... I want more of it... :O) sdhl3@hotmail.com
Thanks, Debbie

Merry Christmas!!!

December 19, 2010 at 11:36 AM

I'm sending out copies as fast as I can, isn't it a great story? I think Tess is warming up a lot of cold Sunday afternoons out there lol.

December 19, 2010 at 11:37 AM

What a bloody good story!!! I think I need to go and stand outside in the snow to cool down! Tess is amazing! I totally enjoyed that short story and really wished it was longer. Thanks for sharing that with us. Merry Christmas!!!

December 19, 2010 at 11:42 AM

Loved this peek, and I want more!!

December 19, 2010 at 11:46 AM

I would love to receive the entire story too after reading this great snippet. Thanks so much to everyone for this early Christmas gift!

joderjo402 AT gmail DOT com

December 19, 2010 at 11:47 AM

What a great excerpt. Please add me to the list.Thanks so much for sharing this story with everyone.

Gabrielle
meingee@yahoo.com

December 19, 2010 at 11:50 AM

THANKS FOR THE CHANCE TESS AND MERRY CHRISTMAS!

December 19, 2010 at 11:58 AM

Nancy G...I need your email to send the story, everyone else, I'm emailing as fast as I can lol. I can see this will be a busy week! If you don't get your story pretty fast, ask again in case I skipped a groove ok?

December 19, 2010 at 12:13 PM

Hi, I'd love to have a copy of the story. Thanks!

itmfiddler AT gmail DOT com

December 19, 2010 at 12:22 PM

Please I'd love to read the rest. laughtergoddess@yahoo.com

December 19, 2010 at 12:30 PM

I think I'm caught up as of this moment so if you haven't gotten a copy yet, email gotromancereviews@gmail.com and I'll send it right over! I'm out of breath from emailing lol

December 19, 2010 at 1:40 PM

I loved this excerpt! I sent an email! Can't wait to finish reading.

December 19, 2010 at 1:54 PM

I didn't see one from you, Tami, I don't think, so if you don't get the book please email again, ok? This is the biggest response we've every had and I'm barely keeping up lol.

December 19, 2010 at 2:31 PM

Who, hot bit of writing there! Great!

December 19, 2010 at 2:33 PM

Maureen I'll send you a copy of the story! Because I happen to have your email lol.

December 19, 2010 at 2:35 PM

Got the story and I loved it! Just the perfect read before my nap today:)

Thanks so much Tess!

December 19, 2010 at 2:37 PM

The excerpt has me hooked. I'd like a copy, too. Please send one to delaneydiamond(at)ymail(dot)com. Thanks.

December 19, 2010 at 3:17 PM

Thanks Maria! Tess does write a smoldering story doesn't she...if read it before a nap I'm afraid dh would well...encourage further reading lol. Anyway, Delaney your story is on the way!

December 19, 2010 at 3:30 PM

I like what ive read so far would love tor eadthe rest!


mortalsinn@yahoo.com

December 19, 2010 at 3:34 PM

Your copy is on the way Sinn! Thanks for stopping by.

December 19, 2010 at 4:03 PM

Tess, I just finished reading the story. Excellent! Sexy and sweet. A perfect combination. Thanks for the great read!

December 19, 2010 at 4:32 PM

Oh, Im hanging here, need more!! Oh my!

December 19, 2010 at 4:35 PM

This comment has been removed by the author.

December 19, 2010 at 4:45 PM

Patty either give me your email here or email us at gotromancereviews@gmail.com and Ill get you the story right away. If you already did, it will probably get to me in a few.

December 19, 2010 at 4:46 PM

I'd love to receive a copy of Blame It On Mistletoe. I just finished reading Tess MacKall's His Sweet Obsession for the second time. I'm in love with Jack. ;)

Hugs,
Destiny

December 19, 2010 at 4:59 PM

You should have your copy right away Destiny, I have sent it. thanks!

December 19, 2010 at 5:07 PM

Here's a comment from Tess - she's having trouble commenting
What a wonderful response! I wanted to give everyone a little something for Christmas,
and I wanted it to be sweet and loving, but sexy and ohhhh so hot. lol I think Caleb
and Samantha are the perfect couple to handle a little mistletoe magic.

And I loved these two characters soooo much that I can't get them off my mind. I just went
grocery shopping for the week and a man was on the corner selling mistletoe. LOL I just had
to buy some. So mistletoe is now hanging in my house--and I'm sitting here wondering who's
going to show up at my door!

Thanks to all of you who have requested a copy and for those who've read it already--thanks so
much for the lovely comments. And to the three Got Romance Reviewers who read this and
their reviews are sitting at the bottom of the excerpt----

Becca Dale, Stephanie Beck, and Mahalia Levey---I'm overwhelmed by your words. It's not easy
writing something so short and being able to entertain someone--very hard to get it right as
you well know. So I'm just thrilled by your response and your very kind words.

Thanks again to Valerie and Kate for allowing me to work with Got Romance Reviews. We'll have
to do this for more holidays for sure!

Hugs to all,

Tess

December 19, 2010 at 8:27 PM

sounds like a winner! Send me a copy please :-) Best wishes with the book!
sandra.sookoo@comcast.net

December 19, 2010 at 8:30 PM

I would love to read this story. Thsnks so much for the giveaway! Hope you have a fantastic holiday!

pnc07 (at) aol (dot) com

December 19, 2010 at 9:37 PM

What a generous giveaway! Would love to read this. Thanks and happy holidays.

buriednwords (at) gmail (dot) com

December 19, 2010 at 9:39 PM

This story sounds SO GOOD
I would love to have a copy sent to me.
Thanks so much Tess for the wonderful gift

Yankeesblue22@yahoo.com
~Afshan

December 19, 2010 at 10:06 PM

Can't wait to read. Please send me a copy and thanks for the free read.
knmrambo@yahoo.com

December 19, 2010 at 10:53 PM

Sounds like a great read. :)

Janice~

December 19, 2010 at 11:39 PM

glad you liked it loooooved the story :)

December 20, 2010 at 12:10 AM

Hi Janice, If you'd like a copy just get us your email either here or at gotromancereviews@gmail.com

December 20, 2010 at 12:24 AM

Wow, sounds like a fun story. Hot! I think my computer screen is sweating in anticipation...

Heather Bennett
Executive Editor
Decadent Publishing

December 20, 2010 at 12:56 AM

Well wipe it off Heather because here it comes! I'll end it right over!

December 20, 2010 at 8:50 AM

Oh, My! I've got to read the rest please!! This story hooks you in and now I can't wait to see what happens.

December 20, 2010 at 9:26 AM

I'd love to have a copy Tess! I sent an email yesterday but have yet to get a reply. Thanks!

ledbetterb@aol.com

December 20, 2010 at 9:56 AM

Sounds awesome. Please send me a copy. Love your books and thank you.

December 20, 2010 at 9:57 AM

What an awesome read!! I Love cat and mouse games, especially when you know the prize is so worth having!

December 20, 2010 at 9:57 AM

Didn't leave my email address which is maw1725@gmail.com.

December 20, 2010 at 9:58 AM

Would love to have a copy to read over the holidays!

Be well,

Dennis (Writing as Desmond Haas)
Romance Radio Network
desmond@desmondhaas.com
desmond@romanceradio.net

December 20, 2010 at 10:25 AM

I would love a copy! Thanks so much! :)

maipsyche@yahoo.com

December 20, 2010 at 10:56 AM

Your book sounds great, can't wait to read more. I would love a copy! Have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year:)

jennylogan59@yahoo.com

December 20, 2010 at 11:07 AM

This looks great, I definately want to read more =)

D

December 20, 2010 at 11:09 AM

Sounds great! I love a hot xmas story in the winter! Please add me: kaychristensen@yahoo.com

December 20, 2010 at 11:27 AM

booksforever123...I need your email! I'll send it as soon as I get it thanks so much.

December 20, 2010 at 11:30 AM

Barb,
Your copy is on the way, please email me at gotromancereviews@gmail.com if you don't get it so we can figure out what's going on. Thanks.

December 20, 2010 at 11:33 AM

Dennis, I don't think I got your email. Can you let us know at gotromancereviews@gmail.com so I can send your copy right out? Thanks!

December 20, 2010 at 11:40 AM

DiDi, May I have your email? You can give it to us at gotromancereviews@gmail.com so we can give you the copy!

December 20, 2010 at 11:53 AM

Thanks for the free read,

jane_marshall76@yahoo.com

December 20, 2010 at 12:22 PM

Sounds great! I'd love to read it.

December 20, 2010 at 12:33 PM

What a wonderful story. I'd love to read it.
I love your page. Nice and wintry.

December 20, 2010 at 12:53 PM

Toomany books and orelukjpo...may I have your emails? You can send them to gotromancereviews@gmail.com if you like.

December 20, 2010 at 2:11 PM

please please please I want to keep reading

tweetjohnson@gmail.com

December 20, 2010 at 2:33 PM

I want to keep reading! Please send the rest. :)

December 20, 2010 at 3:18 PM

Love the teaser..Would love to read the rest! Thank you!
little12u_2000@yahoo.com

December 20, 2010 at 4:38 PM

Sounds like an awesome book! and what an awesome present. Thanks! Please send the rest to
tiss81@hotmail.com.
thanks and have a Blessed Holiday Season!

December 20, 2010 at 4:45 PM

Sounds like a great read and I would love to have a copy.

sstrode@scrtc.com

December 20, 2010 at 5:43 PM

I'd love to check this out!! Sounds good!

shortyal2008@yahoo.com

December 20, 2010 at 7:13 PM

I would love a copy... what I've read so far is really good:)

yadkny@hotmail.com

December 20, 2010 at 7:19 PM

I'm hooked and I need the rest! Please send it to me :)

gattamelata3@gmail.com

December 20, 2010 at 8:29 PM

I would like one too please. Thanks
deslauree3@aol.com

December 20, 2010 at 8:31 PM

Oh, Tess, that sounds SO good. I actually found myself licking my lips at the same time Caleb did.... MMMMM!
Thank you so much for your generous offer, I would love to read the rest of the story. And could you send some of that mistletoe with the book? :-)
Merry Christmas to you and everyone at Got Romance Reviews!

December 20, 2010 at 9:26 PM

Gah! Such has been my day. I commented and the computer deleted it. Yes, I would love a copy.

Thanks!
jepeb@verizon.net

December 20, 2010 at 9:26 PM

Please add me ruthmarie94@gmail.com

December 20, 2010 at 10:40 PM

The story sounds awesome. Please add me too.

ta26417@sbcglobal.net

December 20, 2010 at 10:52 PM

I love the story so far and would love a copy

t_manfredi@hotmail.com

December 21, 2010 at 8:37 AM

Thank you for sharing/giving this Christmas. I can't wait to read the rest of the story the excerpt has me hooked.
Shelly
shelly@ledgetoplogistics.com

December 21, 2010 at 9:27 AM

I'd love to receive a copy as well. Just finished reading Tess's post over on Three Wicked Writers, what a great Christmas memory. Thank you for the gift.
Zina
seawitch6464@yahoo.com

December 21, 2010 at 11:04 AM

Just what I need to warm up these cold London nights! May I have a copy, please?

Thanks!

Jay

flowerchild@sky.com

December 21, 2010 at 1:38 PM

sounds like a great book - would love to get a copy - thank you - Kym

kayjben@googlemail.com

December 21, 2010 at 1:41 PM

What I've read makes me want to read more. :)
Could I have a free copy too, please?
My email is
cordykitten (AT) gmail (DOT) com

Thank you so much for it in advance, looking forward to read.
(Repost because my comment got eaten.)

December 21, 2010 at 9:06 PM

I would love to have a copy. Thanks! My email addy:
fcammer2@comcast.net

December 21, 2010 at 11:21 PM

Eeep! OMG I forgot to add my email addy sorry!! popoki.livsey@gmail.com

I would love a copy!
Mahalo!

December 22, 2010 at 9:03 AM

Merry Xmas

I would love a copy. readlmw@yohoo.com

December 22, 2010 at 9:42 AM

I think I have everyone's copies out so far! If you haven't gotten yours please email us at gotromancereviews@gmail.com and I will send it right over.
Merry Christmas!

December 22, 2010 at 10:14 PM

Please add me to the list. I can't wait to finish this story!
lisaguertin@yahoo.com

December 24, 2010 at 12:08 PM

If I am not too late I would love to read the rest :-)

Larena
lrwirum@q.com

December 24, 2010 at 1:22 PM

Your copy is on the way Larena!

December 26, 2010 at 12:10 AM

this sounds like a good read

December 27, 2010 at 11:18 PM

I would love to read this!
Thanks so much.

BJ Carlstrom
clstrm06@comcast.net

March 8, 2011 at 8:50 AM

Just wondering if this story is still available? sam_themaster@hotmail.com

September 11, 2011 at 8:16 PM

Is there still a way to get this story? It sounds great. Thanks! terrihawk66@yahoo.com

April 10, 2012 at 11:28 AM

*blinks* Wow!!! Talk about incinerating!! This sounds hot! If it is still available I would love to read it! Please and thank you.

July 22, 2012 at 12:41 PM

I dont know if this book is still available, but id love to read it
Jslindzy@hotmail.com

April 16, 2013 at 6:48 AM

Would love a copy.
cherylpetit@hotmail.com

December 27, 2013 at 6:30 PM

Is this offer still available?? If so, I would love to get a copy.

December 27, 2013 at 6:32 PM

My email, duh!! sherriwilliamson@gmail.com

December 28, 2013 at 7:35 AM

Late to the game, as usual! Just received Lily Harlem's newsletter which listed some free reads, and I'd like to give this one a try. Could you email a copy to me? My email addy is jbtandd@ctrutah.com. Thank you!

December 28, 2013 at 12:11 PM

I just got a copy of Lily Harlem's newsletter too and saw this was free. If it is still free, can I get a copy of it too please. Thank you so very much!
reneebennett35@yahoo.com

Post a Comment

Disclosure as Per the FTC Guidlines:
All books reviewed at Got Romance! Reviews have been provided by the Publishers or Authors for free. Got Romance! Reviews has not been compensated for any reviews.
Got Romance! Reviews does not own any images, book covers or portraits on the site.
Book Cover images are from the various authors, pubishers or Goodreads
Elvin Pin-Up art were acquired from Elvgren PinUp
Hilga Pun-Up art were acquired from Toilgirls
Elvin and Hilga copyrights owned by Brown and Bigelow
Copyright © 2011. Got Romance! Reviews - All Rights Reserved
Template Creater | Proudly powered by Blogger