April Dawn



  1. Hi April, and thanks for joining us today. Can you tell us a bit about yourself?


I live in California with my husband and our ever inquisitive eighteen month old son. Like many writers, I have been writing as long as I can remember, but I never thought to seek publishing until my sister told me I simply must. In September of 09, I finally got up the nerve to submit to publishers, and Crushing Desire was contracted by Breathless Press. Soon after, they contracted Bound by Love, the first novel I ever wrote, and homage to the old second hand books I read as a young girl (with a twist).

  1. What’s new? Can you share something about your latest work?


I am currently in the middle of a number of projects. I’m looking for an agent, and writing a number of books. The closest one to completion is The Piratess, a fun little novel about a female pirate, obviously enough. Lol

  1. What was your inspiration to begin writing?


The characters have always been there, but I started writing scenes when I was about 15 or so because they were compelling me to. Plus when I ran out of secreted romance novels, I could write my own scenes and tell myself a good story.

  1. Do you have a favorite author?


There are so many great authors (Julia Quinn, Lisa Kleypas, Dean Koontz, Nora Roberts, etc…) with so many great books out there, it is hard to pick. However, since you need one, I guess I would have to say Stephen King

  1. What do you like best about that author?


He has a great sense of timing. Things flow in his novels so that you can read four hundred pages and never realize it.


  1. Do you prefer to write at a particular time of the day or night? We’d love to know something about your writing process.


I write whenever the story hits me. The characters will just start talking, and I have to find some way to take it all down. If I don’t work when I’m inspired, I lose some of the best loved parts of my manuscript.

  1. What do you find to be the most difficult part of writing?


Editing. It is fun to watch my work become tighter and better, but it can be tedious. Plus you can’t work on your newest manuscript while editing. You have to get that book back to the editor pronto.

  1. What is your favorite of your works?


Of my unpublished works, I have many. So many that they often fight for which will get to tell their story, and I slip back and forth between them. In fact, I have an espionage series that is doing just that right now. However, of my published works, I would have to say Crushing Desire. (Though my sister would argue for Bound by Love. :-D )
I have always been a sucker for a good crush.

  1. Can you tell us where readers can purchase your books?


Bound By Love (Jan 29) and Crushing Desire  (Feb 12) can be found at Breathless Press.

  1. What is the best way to reach you?


Visit my website or  personal blog   or find me at twitter, facebook, or myspace.



Share this article :

+ comments + 4 comments

January 14, 2010 at 1:39 PM

WOnderful Interview April :)

January 14, 2010 at 6:15 PM

Thanks for letting us get to know you and best wishes. Sounds like 2010 is going to be very exciting for you.

January 15, 2010 at 7:22 AM

Thanks for reading. And thanks to Gotromance for having me here. I very much enjoyed sharing myself with readers.
April Dawn

January 18, 2010 at 12:39 PM

Great interview. I am really looking forward to reading Bound by love and Crushing desire.
Thanks!

Post a Comment

Disclosure as Per the FTC Guidlines:
All books reviewed at Got Romance! Reviews have been provided by the Publishers or Authors for free. Got Romance! Reviews has not been compensated for any reviews.
Got Romance! Reviews does not own any images, book covers or portraits on the site.
Book Cover images are from the various authors, pubishers or Goodreads
Elvin Pin-Up art were acquired from Elvgren PinUp
Hilga Pun-Up art were acquired from Toilgirls
Elvin and Hilga copyrights owned by Brown and Bigelow
Copyright © 2011. Got Romance! Reviews - All Rights Reserved
Template Creater | Proudly powered by Blogger