Finding Julia by Desiree Holt

Finding Julia
By: Desiree Holt
Publisher: Lyrical Press, Inc
Published: September 29, 2014
Genre: Contemporary, Erotic Romance
Content: M/F, Anal Play, Anal Sex, Oral Sex
Length: Novel
Heat Level: Scorching
Reviewer: Toni
Date: July 18, 2014

 

Can a moment of passion outlast years of secrets and misery? For Julia Patterson, meeting Luke Buchanan awakens within her a passion she's never dared dream possible. He claims her body and helps her remember what it means to be a woman. But Fate has a twisted sense of humor. Just when Julia is ready to step over the threshold into a wonderful new life, her almost-ex-husband is diagnosed with a heart condition that puts her divorce on hold. Turning her back on Luke is the most difficult thing she's ever done. But Julia has a secret, one that Charles discovers and uses against her.

Years later, when Luke walks back into Julia's life, the passion between them is just as explosive. But Charles is still controlling her from the grave, and the secret Julia has hidden for fourteen years could destroy their dreams forever.



What a roller coaster ride! I loved, hated, died inside, rejoiced and many other emotions. Absolutely worth the ride!!

Julia met Luke at a business meeting and the sparks flew. Instant attraction doesn’t even touch what they experienced. Unfortunately, Julia is at the tail end of a very messy divorce. With only days before things can fall into place for them, Julia’s husband finds out about her affair and he does the most heinous thing ever; he puts safeguards into motion that will separate them forever. Julia is forced to choose between her children’s happiness or her own. What would you do?

I can say there are times when reading I have wanted to reach into a book and slap a heroine, knockout at villain and hug a hero, but with Finding Julia I felt them all along with a deluge of other emotions. First my joy for Julia and Luke was immense. I was giddy with joy for them. Then the hate set it. I can’t remember ever wanting to put a pillow over someone’s head like I did Charles. That man lived for way too long, in my opinion. Then his asinine best friend Rod; oh my, I would have had to start a Kick Start fundraiser to hire a hit man. He is a total waste of good oxygen. My heart broke for Julia over and over.

I do have to say that I was not very happy with Julia for a time too. Her defeated attitude rubbed me wrong, but Luke more than made up for any negative feelings I had in this story. He is an absolute angel. He was immensely sexy, forgiving and all around awesome. While both of the main characters made their fair share of mistakes, the outcome was sweet and heartening.

Ms. Holt has blown my mind. I rarely go into a book and come out so changed. She totally made me question any choices I thought I would have made in the same situation. My heartstrings were plucked and my mind was engaged, right along with other parts of my body. Ms. Holt knows how to write hot, wet and out of this world sex scenes. All while keeping solidly grounded within the story.

So, why not a 5 heart/star rating from me? Well, I think while I enjoyed Julia and Luke’s tale of falling in love and then the pure hatred of Julia and Charles’, I wish as much time or more would have been put into the rebuilding of Julia and Luke’s broken relationship. Luke was too quick to forgive. I think the tale of how they battled their way back to each other could have been epic and heart wrenching. Huge opportunity missed. With so much wonderful detail put into the first two thirds of the book, the conclusion was achieved way too quickly and was rushed for me.

Finding Julia was still a wonderful read. This is a rerelease of one of her previous works. Lyrical Press (Kensington) picked a very deep and engaging story to introduce Ms. Holt to the rest of the world. While many of us have enjoyed her for years, she needs to be shared with the rest of the world. Please enjoy this lovely lady and the exciting stories she continuously tells. You won’t be disappointed.


Share this article :

Post a Comment

Disclosure as Per the FTC Guidlines:
All books reviewed at Got Romance! Reviews have been provided by the Publishers or Authors for free. Got Romance! Reviews has not been compensated for any reviews.
Got Romance! Reviews does not own any images, book covers or portraits on the site.
Book Cover images are from the various authors, pubishers or Goodreads
Elvin Pin-Up art were acquired from Elvgren PinUp
Hilga Pun-Up art were acquired from Toilgirls
Elvin and Hilga copyrights owned by Brown and Bigelow
Copyright © 2011. Got Romance! Reviews - All Rights Reserved
Template Creater | Proudly powered by Blogger