Please Welcome Raven Carluk



1. Tell us your latest news.

My latest book, stories with bite o,.,o, is now available on Amazon on the Kindle. Working through the last steps for the print book. It’s a collection of my short stories, and is very much worth checking out. I’m also working on making book trailers for both stories with bite o,.,o and All Hallows Blood. In October, I’ll be giving a little lecture at the Muse Online Conference about how to embrace your inner Mary Sue.

2. What initially inspired you to become an author?

I’m a natural born storyteller. Since I was young, I’ve been coming up with tales. It was inevitable that I start marketing my work, and putting it out there for people to read.

3. What is your favorite book? And Why?

Green Eggs and Ham. It’s the first book I remember reading. I still see myself sitting at the kitchen table, reading it to my mom while she made dinner. It’s stuck with me, because it has a great message; be willing to try something new. I think that’s an important statement, and more people should embrace it.

4. Do you have a particular time of day to write? We love to hear about a writer’s process.


I mostly write at work, which is through the afternoon and early evening. I’ve got my trusty notebook with my Orlando Bloom pictures in it, and I just write as much as I can. I work in a call center, so there’s downtime during calls and between them where I can pour out my creations. Some days it’s harder than others, but I get to write pretty consistently. If I don’t, I start to slowly go mad.

5. What do you find to be the most difficult part of writing?

The writing and editing parts are all pretty easy for me. I sometimes forget to include descriptions and details while I’m writing, but my beta reader pokes at me to get me on track. The hardest part about being an author has been the promoting part. I’ve never been much of a networker, or even someone who makes small talk well, so I sometimes feel I’m in over my head. It takes away my creative time, and balancing promotions with writing is pretty difficult.

6. Do you have a favorite author?


A couple. Michael Moorcock, because I love Elric so much. Carrie Vaughn has a fantastic world built in her Kitty series. And George RR Martin, who impresses me with his ability to keep such a huge world going.

7. Tell us about your first published work.


My first work is All Hallows Blood. My publication is a bit Cinderella, because I went from original idea to released to the public in just under two and a half years. I tried to write a unique book, and the fact that it was so quickly accepted proves that to me.

All Hallows Blood is a vampire romance. Keila O’Broin is a psionist from a long line of psychic warriors. At the beginning of the book, she’s been going through some hard times; both parents are dead, and she’s drinking herself into a stupor. Some dead teens ask her to avenge them, and she can’t tell them no.

Keila finds and fights the killer, only to find out he’s a vampire. Since she’s from this long line of psychics, she already knows vampires exist, and doesn’t think too much of it. Before she really has time to think, Varick, master vampire of Portland, pressgangs her into helping him.

So now my depressed and borderline alcoholic heroine is doing battle to protect the city, and slowly falling for the white-haired vampire Varick. There’s sex, and blood, and fighting, and sadness, and emotional growth. It moves pretty fast, and reaches a satisfying end. All which leave you ready for the sequel, which I’m still developing.

8. Do you have a favorite of your own works?


Other than All Hallows Blood, one of my favorites is The Opening. It’s the second story in stories with bite o,.,o, and it’s about this shy young woman at the opening of an art gallery. I don’t want to spoil the ending (it’s a pretty short tale), but it always just gives me a touch of hope. A “I am not alone” type moment.

9. Where can our readers find you on the web?


Raven.YouAreAnnoying.Us is my home page. I update that fairly regularly, and keep a bunch of short stories there. All my art is also on display there.

RavenCorinnCarluk.Blogspot.Com is my blog, and I post once or twice a week. More if anything cool happens.

Facebook, and Twitter.

I really look forward to hearing from everybody.

10. Where can they buy your books?
Amazon has the purchase links to both my books.

11. Anything you would like to add?

I like meeting new people, and talking about vampires, or fantasy, or dragons, or just about anything else. Reach out to me, even if not to talk about my books.
Share this article :

Post a Comment

Disclosure as Per the FTC Guidlines:
All books reviewed at Got Romance! Reviews have been provided by the Publishers or Authors for free. Got Romance! Reviews has not been compensated for any reviews.
Got Romance! Reviews does not own any images, book covers or portraits on the site.
Book Cover images are from the various authors, pubishers or Goodreads
Elvin Pin-Up art were acquired from Elvgren PinUp
Hilga Pun-Up art were acquired from Toilgirls
Elvin and Hilga copyrights owned by Brown and Bigelow
Copyright © 2011. Got Romance! Reviews - All Rights Reserved
Template Creater | Proudly powered by Blogger