Dorian’s Mate by YL Stokes

Title: Dorian’s Mate
Author: YL Stokes
Publisher: Red Rose Publishing
Publication Date:
ISBN:978-7-4543-0065-6
Genre: Romance
Length: 87 pages
Rating: 2 Diamonds
Heat : 4
Reviewer: Katherine
Date 7/12/11

Smut reading: 4 outta 5

This book begins with the very sexy Dorian waking up in his bedroom downstairs and noticing an unknown presence on the main floor of his house. Upon arriving upstairs he meets the beautiful Cerita who is upstairs preparing the food for a party being held that evening. While falling in love with her cheese puffs he finds himself falling for her. What follows is a sexy look at two supernatural beings falling in love and facing all the obstacles thrown at them together. The couple work is to very different fields Cerita is a caterer and Dorian buys and sells off companies. But they share a love for food which brings them together and the talk of food and sex made me want more! The sex is steamy and you don’t have to wait long for it to happen. The couple has a good dialogue together and I found myself smiling right along with them as they fall in love. The couple has very strong family ties, which is made obvious from when Dorian allows his cousins girlfriend to throw a party in his house. As Dorian and Cerita fall in love the relationships they have with their families become more important as you turn each page …

I liked the steaminess of this book there was plenty of smut and the conversations between Dorian and Cerita were enjoyable. I have a few issues however, first is there are some typos which when I noticed them they drew me away from the story and I had to look at them and make sure I was reading correctly. I also did not like that there was not a lot of back story. I felt like the characters (especially the family members) were very flat, you never find anything out about their histories or about what kind of supernatural powers they have. That goes for Dorian and Cerita also. They both have a lot of powers (including being able to talk to each other in their mind, which is sweet) but you never find out what theyreally are. Is Dorian a vampire, shape shifter, what? He eats but he takes blood. It didn’t make any sense.

At the end of the day I recommend this book as long as you aren’t looking for a lot of back story. Generally when I’m reading a book in this genre I’m looking for the couple to fall for each other quickly and the sexy smut to begin (I hate waiting till the end of the book for the love making) and this book gives me that.


Share this article :

Post a Comment

Disclosure as Per the FTC Guidlines:
All books reviewed at Got Romance! Reviews have been provided by the Publishers or Authors for free. Got Romance! Reviews has not been compensated for any reviews.
Got Romance! Reviews does not own any images, book covers or portraits on the site.
Book Cover images are from the various authors, pubishers or Goodreads
Elvin Pin-Up art were acquired from Elvgren PinUp
Hilga Pun-Up art were acquired from Toilgirls
Elvin and Hilga copyrights owned by Brown and Bigelow
Copyright © 2011. Got Romance! Reviews - All Rights Reserved
Template Creater | Proudly powered by Blogger