Two Guys from Starting Over by Starla Kate





Character Interview: Corbin and Matt from Starting Over

Today we’re interviewing a couple of guys who don’t know each other, not yet anyway.
Madame Evangeline has given us special permission to chat with the guys who are being matched up, but they don’t know about each other yet so sshhh! They think it’s an interview for a business eZine. Don’t tell!

Hi Corbin, grab a seat and make yourself comfortable. Coffee, tea or scotch neat?
Scotch neat. Maybe a double.

Well, I know you’re busy so let’s get started. Can you tell us a little bit about yourself?
Just stating facts here…I’m a self-made multi-millionaire. Bradley Financial Advisors being the heart of my dozen varied businesses.

I understand you own a large building downtown. To what do you attribute your success?
Yes, I own a prime piece of property here in downtown Oklahoma City and every business in it is one of mine. Again, not bragging just stating a fact…I worked hard for my success. 24/7 plus for a lot of years. I’m the kind of man who sets a goal and reaches it.

Okay, now I’ve got you all comfy—you married?
No. I was, for quite a few years. But…well, it ended.

A handsome, successful guy like you all alone? C’mon you must want to meet someone, what’s your dream date like?
(He blushes) Successful, yes. As to the other…well, that’s a matter of opinion. And, yes, I’d like to meet someone. I don’t like living alone. I miss going home and sharing my day with someone. Although my ex calls regularly and we still share a lot of our lives. She’s an amazing woman.
(He sighs heavily and has trouble meeting the reporter’s eyes.) That was part of the problem. Pamela being a woman, I mean. I’ve…we’ve finally come to terms with my being more drawn to men. But I don’t really know what a “dream date” would be like. I’m really new at all of this. Not that I haven’t fantasized…a lot…over the years.
(Another sigh and he meets her eye) Okay, I’ll take a stab at the “dream date” thing. I want to spend time with a man who is very comfortable in his skin, in his being a gay man. I want a man who makes me burn inside from the second I see him. That doesn’t mean he has to be drop-dead gorgeous, but that wouldn’t hurt. It means more that he needs to pull all of my strings just by being sexy, hot, and somehow showing me that he desires me in return. Asking much…yes. Expecting to find that…no. At least not anytime soon.

Whew! Sounds pretty sexy! If you meet him find out if he has a brother for me. Thanks for joining us today, I’ll let you know when your article will appear in Successful Business eZine.
You didn’t really dig much into my business reputation. But I know you received my PR kit. I suppose you’ll get the rest of what you need from that.

Now it’s time to interview the other fella, successful Landscape Designer, Matt. Welcome, Matt, to Successful Business eZine.
I’m pleased to be here.

Can you tell our readers about yourself.
I’m not sure what you want to know. I’m just an average guy who happened to finally find something to do as a career that really fit me. I dream about creating masterpiece gardens. I salivate over plant catalogues with unique flowers and bushes. Pretty dull stuff, actually.

Landscape design sounds very interesting, how long have you been in that line of work?
I started mowing lawns for a lawn service when I was 19, then helped with some garden clean ups. That’s where I got my first taste of working with plants. Over the years I moved from job to job…worked in greenhouses, worked in nurseries, took horticulture classes. Finally I started this business and it really started blossoming about five years ago…when I took on a very special partner.

Does your business involve much travel?
It didn’t in the beginning. But as my clientele got more elite, they spread the word of what I could do. I started designing for bigger businesses, for big money individuals. Finally I started getting clients all over Europe.

Your significant other must hate you being gone all the time.
He didn’t. We were business partners as well as life partners. (He looks away, swallows hard) We’re not together anymore. He died.

Oh, I’m sorry to hear that. Have you begun dating again, it must be difficult to start over after such a long term relationship, being so close to someone and losing them.
I’ve only been “single” about six months and I’m having a hard time getting beyond the grief. But I think I’m finally to the point where I’ll start taking a stab at dating again. I hate being alone.
(He flashes a smile, eyes still wary, expression determined) Eager readers, huh? What would it take to win me over? Hmmm…a spectacular body, sock-me-in-the-gut handsomeness, an 8-inch, thick dick. (He grins mischievously) Sorry. Shouldn’t have said that. (He laughs) That wouldn’t be bad, though.
(He turns serious) In truth, looks don’t matter as much to me as what is inside the man. Decency, loyalty, pride, concern for others. Still, a good ass wouldn’t be a bad thing.

Really? Sounds like a special kind of guy. Well, hope you can find him, you seem like a great guy yourself and we wish you all the best.
Thanks. I am a great guy…a super catch. (He flashes another sexy smile)

So…this is Misty Meadows, for Successful Business eZine. Be sure to catch our next interview,

Blurb for Starting Over
Corbin was finally trying to ease into his new lifestyle. He was scared shitless, wondered what had possessed him to agree to this 1 NightStand arrangement. He’d spent years fantasizing about this. As he neared the long, lean man with graying hair a bit shaggy, a hard on pushing at the front of his swim trunks, and a sexy-as-hell grin, the dreams paled in comparison.


Excerpt

Matt had considered changing his mind about this one-night arrangement. But as the tall, well-built man walked across the pool area toward him, all thoughts of that fled. Those broad shoulders, the amazing pecs, the spattering of dark hair on his chest…all of it called to him. He wanted to touch it, play with it. He forced himself to calm down. This was a virgin gay man. He would be his first male lover and he would have to find the inner strength to take his time. Could he?

Matt sat on a chaise lounge near the poolside bar, sipping on some fruity island drink the bartender had insisted he try. Not bad really, but he preferred beer. He’d been out here almost an hour and already had two women and a young stud make advances. He’d politely turned them all down, saying he was here with someone. Now he wished that someone would join him before he had to make excuses again to the Barbie-doll shaped woman heading in his direction.

She had no sooner wobbled up on her ridiculously high-heeled sandals than he spotted Corbin Bradley walking into the pool area. Well, well, well. Prime male and mine for the night. The thought surprised him, but he couldn’t deny the way his pulse raced and his body went on high alert. He grinned, glanced past the twenty-something blonde, and waved at his roomie. “Over here.”

Frowning her disappointment, the blonde walked off, muttering, “What a waste.”

He’d heard that kind of comment many times over the years and didn’t care a bit. He was comfortable with his homosexuality, even if others couldn’t easily see it until he revealed it. Unconcerned with her reaction, he studied the tall, well-built man making his way across the pool area. The photo he’d seen of Bradley didn’t do him justice. It seemed so wrong to ever hide those broad shoulders, the amazing pecs, and incredible six-pack beneath a suit, even an obviously expensive, tailored one. He longed to smooth his hands over what he saw, feel the muscles beneath his palms, play with the nipples and the spattering of dark hair on his chest. He wanted to…. God! Get it together. Stop salivating and be cool.

His cock had hardened and pressed the front of his trunks, so he lowered the hardback book he’d been reading and tented it over his erection. “Any trouble getting here?” A lame question, he knew.

“No.” He looked down at him and Matt saw uneasiness in his eyes. Yet he’d come all this way in spite of his rigid posture, the tightness in his jaw. He stretched out a hand. “Corbin, but I guess you know that already.”

Matt gave him a reassuring smile and shook it. Their hands, like their overall size, appeared similar, except his was callused from work. “Matt.”

With a slight nod of acknowledgment, Corbin eased onto the chaise lounge next to him, turning his head to take in the scene, the dozen sunbathers, the few people enjoying the pool. “I guess you can tell how nervous I am. I hope I don’t disappoint you.”

Matt relaxed. “I didn’t come here with a lot of expectations other than getting away, seeing someplace new, sharing the experience with someone.” He held Corbin’s gaze and said, “I’m a little nervous myself, but I think we’ll be fine together.”

His dark brown eyes looked hopeful. “As long as you understand….”

“Don’t worry about it.”

As if he needed to make sure Matt knew what he’d meant, Corbin leaned closer and said so only he would hear, “I’ve never…well, never been with a man.”

The admission took guts. Until that moment, Matt hadn’t really intended to actually have sex with the date he’d been matched with, although he’d toyed with the idea. Now he intended to be Corbin’s first male lover. He would guide him into what could happen between them.


Find out more about Starla at her BLOG
Share this article :

+ comments + 1 comments

August 17, 2011 at 10:42 AM

Thanks for having me here today to share a little about my new release Starting Over.

Post a Comment

Disclosure as Per the FTC Guidlines:
All books reviewed at Got Romance! Reviews have been provided by the Publishers or Authors for free. Got Romance! Reviews has not been compensated for any reviews.
Got Romance! Reviews does not own any images, book covers or portraits on the site.
Book Cover images are from the various authors, pubishers or Goodreads
Elvin Pin-Up art were acquired from Elvgren PinUp
Hilga Pun-Up art were acquired from Toilgirls
Elvin and Hilga copyrights owned by Brown and Bigelow
Copyright © 2011. Got Romance! Reviews - All Rights Reserved
Template Creater | Proudly powered by Blogger