Toxic by Eve Langlais

Title: Toxic
Author: Eve Langlais
Publisher: Liquid Silver Books
Publication Date: August 3, 2011
ISBN: 978-1-59578-829-0
Genre: Urban Fantasy, Paranormal Erotic Romance
Length: 73 pages
Heat Level: Erotic
Reviewer: TJ
Date: November 18, 2011

Humans are for eating and I am not one to play with my food, so I’m baffled as to why one geeky mortal doctor makes me wish our kind could be together without my brand of love being toxic. As if suffering from human emotions isn’t problem enough, our world is about to engage in a war where our chances of survival are slim at best. And no one wants to listen.
But, I didn’t become the general of the vampire Queen’s army by being diplomatic. Everyone will fight in the upcoming battle, or they’ll feed my troops and me. Either way, all things living will do their part.
I am, after all, the Blood Countess: toxic lover to humans, vicious bitch to my enemies, and my word is law.

Toxic was not quite what I was expecting and I’m not sure if I should love Eve Langlais because of that or rant at her. The story was another stellar offering from the author and I am a huge fan of her humor and tone. The woman has a wonderful talent when she creates characters and this book was not a disappointment. What did bring me to near tears was the abrupt ending, I wanted to throw a fit an all-out tantrum because I want more and I want it now. Ellie has to be one of my all-time favorite heroines; she is blunt and uncompromising and yet still manages to be very likable in an “I wish I was as confident as her” kind of way. Rafe is fantastic. I love me a sexy nerd and this leading man not only has the brain and brawn he knows how to work both attributes. The setting is engaging and the supporting cast including the villains add to the entertainment. I cannot wait to read the next adventure that this couple experiences.



Share this article :

Post a Comment

Disclosure as Per the FTC Guidlines:
All books reviewed at Got Romance! Reviews have been provided by the Publishers or Authors for free. Got Romance! Reviews has not been compensated for any reviews.
Got Romance! Reviews does not own any images, book covers or portraits on the site.
Book Cover images are from the various authors, pubishers or Goodreads
Elvin Pin-Up art were acquired from Elvgren PinUp
Hilga Pun-Up art were acquired from Toilgirls
Elvin and Hilga copyrights owned by Brown and Bigelow
Copyright © 2011. Got Romance! Reviews - All Rights Reserved
Template Creater | Proudly powered by Blogger