In From the Cold by Taryn Kincaid

In From the Cold
By: Taryn Kincaid
Publisher: Decadent Publishing
Published: April 25, 2014
Genre: Contemporary, Paranormal, Romance
Length: Short Story
Heat Level: Spicy
Reviewer: Toni
Date: May 31, 2014

 

Spook Raines is a burnt-out spy who doesn’t know he’s a fire demon with a hot-as-sin twin in Sleepy Hollow.

Geneviève Mortimer is a will o' the wisp who hunts demons to ease the pain of her troubled past.

When Madame Eve brings them together for a torrid 1Night Stand, will they be able to come in from the cold at last?

A stand-alone 1Night Stand story. Book 5 of the SLEEPY HOLLOW series.



This is a first for me. This is an average rating. I just didn’t know how to rate this one.

In From the Cold actually seemed to take a different twist from the normal 1NS. Spook and Genny met prior to their one night stand, but neither were fully committed to going on a date. Once they meet, things changed quickly. What was different was the morning after. It seemed to then pull in the Sleepy Hollow series at that point. Wrapping up loose ends that I didn’t even know existed.

That is where I had my problem. When the other past characters and the wrap-up were included, I got lost. I haven’t read any in the series yet. While they have been on my mind to read them, because I love 1NS, I haven’t been able to find the time. I think if I had read the other books in the series, I would be rating this story higher, but since I have no back ground into the other couples and they play a part in the story, my rating is lower.

In From the Cold is still a great little story. Both characters are ready for the next phase in their lives and Madame Eve is right there to help them. Their attraction is smoking hot and definitely draws you in. When I read their initial meeting I knew things were going to be combustible and I was right. Wow, Spook blew my mind.

But again since I didn’t have the history, I was left wondering about Sleepy Hollow, what the heck is a fire demon, who are these family/friends/lovers and then add the confusion of their history. So for lovers of the Sleepy Hollow series, I can easily give this story a 4.5. Since Ms. Kincaid seemed to clear up some lingering questions and the supporting case was rather fun to read about. As a standalone, I would give it a 3.5. So if you are following along with my crazy review, In From the Cold gets an average, 4 Hearts.


Share this article :

Post a Comment

Disclosure as Per the FTC Guidlines:
All books reviewed at Got Romance! Reviews have been provided by the Publishers or Authors for free. Got Romance! Reviews has not been compensated for any reviews.
Got Romance! Reviews does not own any images, book covers or portraits on the site.
Book Cover images are from the various authors, pubishers or Goodreads
Elvin Pin-Up art were acquired from Elvgren PinUp
Hilga Pun-Up art were acquired from Toilgirls
Elvin and Hilga copyrights owned by Brown and Bigelow
Copyright © 2011. Got Romance! Reviews - All Rights Reserved
Template Creater | Proudly powered by Blogger