Rush by Joan Swan

Rush
By: Joan Swan
Publisher: Brava
Published: August 27, 2013
Genre: Contemporary, Romance, Suspense
Length: Novel
Heat Level: Spicy
Reviewer: Toni
Date: May 23, 2014

  

Jessica Fury, Washington lobbyist, has money, connections, and her own firm. But five years ago she had something better: happiness. Her firefighter husband, Quaid, was handsome, courageous, and crazy about her. Then one day he walked into a chemical inferno—and never walked out. Jessica has been through hell to get back on her feet. And then a rumor surfaces that could bring a miracle or shatter her world – again.

Q has been a prisoner forever. He’s honed his mind and body into weapons. He’s developed abilities no one else understands. But he’s still at the mercy of a cabal of ruthless men, who blank his memory, test him like a lab rat, and tell him lies. Although his past has been erased and his future looks grim, instinct tells him he has a woman to live for. What his mind can’t remember, his body can’t forget…



I was completely blown away with the first book in the Phoenix Rising series, Fever. Book two, Blaze, was a fast paced scorching read and book three, Rush is a high adrenaline ride from the first page to the very last. I can’t believe it took me this long to catch up. My only defense was life got in the way and I’m glad that I was able to do a marathon read when I was finally able to dig back in.

Jessica and Quaid’s story is a heartbreaking story. Friends who became lovers and then newlyweds then a tragic accident rip them apart. Jessica then began a horrible downward spiral that took her years to conquer and though her life is a half-life, she has purpose and resolve to make everyone involved with her husband’s death to pay.

Q is a man who doesn’t have a past and only one friend to hold onto. The red haired woman from his past has left his dreams and his only friend has just attempted to escape their concrete prison. Reality and fantasy are fine lines in his life and when he is finally revisited by his mystery woman and they finally share a kiss, he is a happy man. But when he meets the woman of his dreams, can he trust that she is real.

Rush takes place right where Blaze finished off. The team may have found their lost member and will do anything to bring him home; for themselves, but more for Jessica. Her life has been miserable without Quaid but she fights his possible existence. Their reunion is so bittersweet, but you can feel the spark between them right from the very first moments. While there were times I wanted both of them to move on, I also was cheering them to find what they lost. I couldn’t imagine the pain and heartbreak they encountered. When they first had sex, I was on a roller coaster of emotions. I was thrilled at the possibilities then felt utter despair and pain. I can’t recall every experiencing such mixed emotions.

Ms. Swan did an amazing job and wow this whole storyline is engulfing. I couldn’t put it down. I craved page after page. Like I mentioned before, I’m so glad that I had all the books to read them all at once. I would have hated to have to wait for the next installment. Ms. Swan has penned a diverse and interesting world that is sexy, adventurous and refreshing.



Please check out my review of the first book in the series:


Share this article :

Post a Comment

Disclosure as Per the FTC Guidlines:
All books reviewed at Got Romance! Reviews have been provided by the Publishers or Authors for free. Got Romance! Reviews has not been compensated for any reviews.
Got Romance! Reviews does not own any images, book covers or portraits on the site.
Book Cover images are from the various authors, pubishers or Goodreads
Elvin Pin-Up art were acquired from Elvgren PinUp
Hilga Pun-Up art were acquired from Toilgirls
Elvin and Hilga copyrights owned by Brown and Bigelow
Copyright © 2011. Got Romance! Reviews - All Rights Reserved
Template Creater | Proudly powered by Blogger