Iron Rods by Brenna Zinn

Iron Rods
By: Brenna Zinn
Publisher:  Ellora's Cave Publishing Inc.
Published: June 4, 2014
Genre: Contemporary, Erotic Romance 
Content: M/F, Oral Sex
Length: Novel
Heat Level: Scorching
Reviewer: Toni
Date: July 11, 2014

 

The women of Austin, Texas, could mix fantasy with flesh at Iron Rods but the strip club is now in disrepair. Bennett Truitt, estranged son of the club’s aging and half-crazy owner, wants to replace the landmark with condos. He hires feisty Tatum to manage the club, sure she will fail, but not before he has a chance to sample her skills in bed.

After another rejection letter, Tatum realizes she’ll never be a professional dancer on or off Broadway. Down on her luck, she’s determined to make the run-down club successful no matter what, or who, it takes. She never expected her new boss to be so enticing they’re breaking doors down to get to each other, get their clothes off, taste each delectable inch.



Iron Rods is one book I have been anticipating greatly. The question is did it live up to my dreams and expectations?

Bennett is one confused man. He’s a son of a stripper and heir to his mother’s family fortune. He’s a man stuck between two worlds. Ridiculed as a child, he has turned into everything he hates – a snob. He is a rich man who is truly delusional to the reality of his life. It takes a strong tall Texas woman to make him see what he has become, but is it too late for him to change.

Tatum has finally received her final blow. She will never be a professional dancer. Well then, I guess a night out to get totally plowed is in order. Two watered down drinks later her window of opportunity has reopened. She is now the proud manager of a strip club. Tatum has a new dream to throw all her ambition and determination into; too bad the owner’s son is a jerk with a chip on his shoulder. Well she is just the woman to knock it off.

They both want something different out of the project and don’t see eye to eye. Things are going to get very interesting at Iron Rods. Two strong willed people with their own agendas and fiery passions that won’t be ignored. Things are going to get very hot in Austin and this local can’t wait.

I will admit that I didn’t read the blurb or excerpts or anything. I wanted to be totally surprised with Iron Rods because it’s been a little part of my life for so long. I wanted to dive in and immerge myself in it. Well I’m sad to report, I’m bummed. *insert sad face*. I really, really, really wanted strippers.

What I loved though was that Ms. Zinn has set up a series that is going to be kick ass fun. She will be building this series from the ground up. She is going to take a run down, crappy dive of a place and turn into a thriving establishment, filled with class, sass and gorgeous as-ahem-men. Wait. I’m bummed again…there in no such place in Austin, even to visit to get my stripper fix. *insert mad face*.

Dang it Ms. Zinn. This story is really too close to home and rings so darn true. I actually think I could drive downtown and go to Iron Rods. I think I’m having a love/hate moment here. I am left loving the idea of such a wonderful establishment existing and while I know it’s a fictional place, I’m left wanting to get all dressed up and go there with my cash in hand, wanting to have a rip roaring time. See my hate. She has written something so well that I can smell the restaurants, hear the music playing and almost taste the rain in the air. That alone is brilliant, yet utterly frustrating.

Iron Rods is a very fulfilling read (even if it didn’t have strippers). An exciting series starter with toe curling sex, brilliant real life connections, and characters that I can see becoming some great friends with. Ms. Zinn has a hit on her hands. I can foresee this series taking way off and I’m talking more than sexy men’s clothing. Great job Brenna! Now gimme more and let there be strippers next time. *smile*. Pretty please.


Share this article :

+ comments + 2 comments

July 13, 2014 at 11:24 AM

Toni ,
You totally get what I hoped to achieve with Iron Rods - a deep love for the characters, an understanding of where Iron Rods started and where it hopes to go, and a true frustration that Austin does not have a strip club for women. I mean a REAL frustration. Now that we have the foundation of Iron Rods the strip club, you bet your bottom you'll be seeing loads of strippers. The "masked stripper" is up first with the follow up book Unmasked Secrets. If you like BDSM, then Unmasked Secrets is the book for you ;)

July 13, 2014 at 12:52 PM

YAY Strippers!!! Ohhhh the masked stripper. I was really hoping he was up next. I am so doing a happy dance in my chair right now. Well you are definitely adding a few of my favorite things with the next one. I can't wait!

Post a Comment

Disclosure as Per the FTC Guidlines:
All books reviewed at Got Romance! Reviews have been provided by the Publishers or Authors for free. Got Romance! Reviews has not been compensated for any reviews.
Got Romance! Reviews does not own any images, book covers or portraits on the site.
Book Cover images are from the various authors, pubishers or Goodreads
Elvin Pin-Up art were acquired from Elvgren PinUp
Hilga Pun-Up art were acquired from Toilgirls
Elvin and Hilga copyrights owned by Brown and Bigelow
Copyright © 2011. Got Romance! Reviews - All Rights Reserved
Template Creater | Proudly powered by Blogger