O Captain! My Captain! by V.L. Locey

O Captain! My Captain!
By: V.L. Locey
Publisher: Secret Cravings Publishing
Published: July 9, 2014
Genre: Contemporary, Erotic Romance
Content: M/F, Oral Sex
Length: Novel 
Heat Level: Spicy
Reviewer: Toni
Date: July 17, 2014

 
Being a single working mother isn't easy. Just ask Maggie Charles. She`s juggling a job she hates, a rebellious teenage son, and the aftereffects of an abusive first marriage. There isn't room in her life for a love affair, not that anyone would want to romance someone her age anyway, right? So why, after all these months, when she runs into the strapping Wildcats` captain at a charity event, does the sight of Derrick Andersson leave her so breathless once again? Is that really desire burning in the captain`s green eyes when he looks at her? Is it possible for a couple of been-there-and-done-thats to find love the second time around?


I have been waiting for this story from the very beginning and Ms. Locey didn’t let me down!

The attraction between these two could be tasted in the air. Derrick the aging sexy Captain of the Wildcats went after Maggie like a man with a mission. Maggie had her sight set on Derrick before she even met him in person. Too bad she stopped everything dead in the water.

Fast forward six months, they have a second chance. Will Maggie let all her hang ups ruin what could be something amazing?

I just adored Derrick. I loved his accent, his determination and oh man his sex appeal. I’ll admit it right now. I’m a little older than Maggie and I enjoyed a story of an older man actually going for someone close to his age. He loved her with all her imperfections and problems. He is an amazing beautiful diamond.

Most women can relate to Maggie. Getting older, having the extra pounds and crushing on a sexy sports figure. She is also a single mother with a passion for saucy romances and Derrick could be any one of her countless book boyfriends. So what is stopping her from enjoying his advancements? A turbulent past and her present…Trevor.

Wow Ms. Locey tossed me up and almost didn’t catch me. Poor Maggie had so many things thrown at her and I loved how Derrick didn’t shy away from her problems. He is such an amazing teddy bear of a man. A true man’s man. Maggie couldn’t be luckier.

O Captain! My Captain! was such a great read. It is a wonderful addition to the To Love a Wildcat series. I loved the older couple, their problems that are true to life and their connections were spectacular. It’s totally worth the time and I would highly recommend.

My only problem with the story is that I want more of them.  I could read a additional book about them with no complaints.  Oh that would be so sweet!  So Ms. Locey can you make that happen please?  You know there is so much more to tell about them.

At the end of the book she mentions there is more to come. I surely can’t wait. The Wildcats have found a place in my heart. Please hurry. I would love some hockey lovin’ as soon as possible.

Share this article :

Post a Comment

Disclosure as Per the FTC Guidlines:
All books reviewed at Got Romance! Reviews have been provided by the Publishers or Authors for free. Got Romance! Reviews has not been compensated for any reviews.
Got Romance! Reviews does not own any images, book covers or portraits on the site.
Book Cover images are from the various authors, pubishers or Goodreads
Elvin Pin-Up art were acquired from Elvgren PinUp
Hilga Pun-Up art were acquired from Toilgirls
Elvin and Hilga copyrights owned by Brown and Bigelow
Copyright © 2011. Got Romance! Reviews - All Rights Reserved
Template Creater | Proudly powered by Blogger