Lady Varney's Risqué Business: A Regency Romp by Cerise DeLand

Lady Varney's Risqué Business: A Regency Romp
By: Cerise DeLand
Publisher: Self Published
Published: April 28, 2014
Genre: Historical, Romance
Length: Novella
Heat Level: Spicy
Reviewer: Toni
Date: September 14, 2014

 

When a proper lady of the ton takes on a new client in her risqué matchmaking business, she discovers that he has one decadent demand. Spend the night with him!

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Lady Kitty Varney runs a discreet business to support herself and pay off her late husband's gambling debts. When Viscount Justin Belmont appears in her parlor, Kitty's latest client is the very man she was forbidden to marry years ago. Kitty questions if she can find Justin a woman worthy of him…and if she can bear to help him wed any other woman.

Then Justin lists his criteria for a wife and Kitty is shocked to learn she is among the few candidates suitable. He demands each candidate spend one night with him.

Can Kitty deny herself the chance to enjoy the charms of the man she's never forgotten? Lady Varney's risqué business might be her saving grace—but it may well become her undoing.



I’m going to be very honest. I read the second in the A Regency Romp Series before I read this little gem, but that isn’t what I’m admitting to. I actually had to skim Rendezvous with a Duke before I could write its review. There was something about this shorter story that stuck with me. I only read them a day apart, but didn’t write my review immediately, so I just sat there, trying to remember the greatness of the second story and I kept remembering this one!

After I read my notes, it all flooded back and I totally enjoyed my skim read, I even had to stop myself, because I had this review to write. But this story really stuck with me. Doesn’t that tell you that great things are to come?

Lady Kitty Varney is a woman who once fell in love, was denied that love and was forced to marry a man that she had no feelings for. Her heart was forever broken and her loveless marriage was filled with lack luster sex and her inability to forget her one true love.

Justin Belmont fell head over heels in love with the young woman that he rescued eleven years ago. Unfortunately, at the time, he was only an American clipper ship captain and had nothing to offer her but his heart. Forced to leave her side, he was swooped up by his newly discovered uncle, the Earl of Belmont. Now he is an English Viscount looking for a wife and of course he would seek the services of the renowned matchmaker. She is very successful and he is in great need.

Justin’s criteria is exact and she is one of the few candidates. He requires her to be among his choices. Lady Varney cannot refuse, because the money is just too good and she has to many debts to pay. She knows if she stays strong, she can get past this hurdle and find him a wife. He deserves the best and she is not it.

Oh My Goodness!! What a wonderful story. I loved how Justin never gave up and worked and waited for his bride. My heart sang and I had the biggest smile. I devoured every single word of this novella. Ms. DeLand wrote such a great story for these two. My wish and hope is that she repeatedly brings them back from time to time in this series so I can enjoy them and learn how they are getting along in their lives. This is one couple I never want to miss. They are simply divine and have enchanted my heart.

So if you love regency romances, please don’t hesitate to pick up this book and the next in the series, Rendezvous with a Duke. It is novel length and AMAZING!! Ms. DeLand knows how to write captivating historicals, fan worthy romances and out of this world plots. But watch out when she puts them all together. It’s breathtaking!



Please check out my review for book two in A Recency Romp Series:


Share this article :

Post a Comment

Disclosure as Per the FTC Guidlines:
All books reviewed at Got Romance! Reviews have been provided by the Publishers or Authors for free. Got Romance! Reviews has not been compensated for any reviews.
Got Romance! Reviews does not own any images, book covers or portraits on the site.
Book Cover images are from the various authors, pubishers or Goodreads
Elvin Pin-Up art were acquired from Elvgren PinUp
Hilga Pun-Up art were acquired from Toilgirls
Elvin and Hilga copyrights owned by Brown and Bigelow
Copyright © 2011. Got Romance! Reviews - All Rights Reserved
Template Creater | Proudly powered by Blogger