Please Welcome Marius Granville From Lex Valentine's Common Ground


1. Hi, please tell us a little bit about yourself.

My name is Marius Granville and along with my sister Elysia and brother Colin, I own Granville cemetery. My parents came to California from England during the Victorian era and built a cemetery and house that reminded them of home. The cemetery has a very Goth look to it as does my house. I love the fact that the house is nestled in the hills on a bit of land that allows me to keep horses. The beaches are just a drive down the freeway for me, but I’m not much into that although my mate is.

I’m pretty much a workaholic and if it weren’t for my two best friends Sean Antaeus and Alfred Stone, I would probably end up working seven days a week and never doing anything fun or social. But Sean and Al drag me out golfing at least once a week. I’m lucky to have such good friends.

2. I understand you’re mated to a werewolf. How does a mixed mating like that work out?

The issues I had with mating with Sair had nothing to do with the fact that we’re different races. It had more to do with the differences in our personalities. I mean, the Darkworld races have one thing in common and that’s that we get who we get for a mate. Destiny, fate, karma, the gods…whoever does the choosing is the final say.

There’s no rule that you can’t have more than one mate in your lifetime, but with vampires, they say that it has never happened. And I’m good with that. One bloodmate in my lifetime is enough for me. I can’t imagine loving anyone as much as I love Sair nor can I imagine losing her and being able to go on. If something happened to her, I’d prefer to seek the Afterworld myself in order to stay with her.

Things were a little rough at first between me and Sair. I wasn’t sure how a free spirit such as she is would work out for my lifestyle. But the thing is, mating is about compromise and finding your common ground. You have to create your “couple-ness.” It doesn’t just happen. You’ve got to work at it. Sair and I made a commitment to each other and we work at it all the time so that our relationship stays fresh and strong.

As for the issues others might have with our mixed mating, well, that just wouldn’t happen with Sair and I. She and her brother Ruan, the McCallan pack Alpha, are on the outs. Sair left their family home in Scotland to get away from him and his overbearing ways. Luckily, I don’t have to deal with the bastard. Her cousin Seth doesn’t have any real issues with her being mated to a vampire and neither does her younger brother Alastair. Both Seth and Alastair have left the pack as well and live not far from us.

My siblings both adore Sair and are very supportive of our relationship. But then, both of them are mated to black dragons so they are used to mixed matings.

3. Do you encounter prejudice from other vampires for your choice?
Not really. Like I said, when it comes to bloodmates, we get who we get. And truthfully, most of my friends aren’t vampires. I know there are some die-hard vamps out there who don’t believe in mixing the Darkworld races, but they change their tune if their bloodmate turns out to be something other than another vamp. Prejudice just doesn’t happen much in our realm because of the likelihood of your mate being of another race.

4. What is it like working with your author

I’d like to say she’s awesome, but the truth of the matter is the woman is driven. No sooner was she done with me and Sair than she was giving all her attention to Seth and Corey. Not that those two didn’t need the attention. I think they needed more help getting their HEA than Sair and I did. We had the Randalls to help us. Corey and Seth had Colin, who to be honest, only helped ‘cause he got pissed off.

If it weren’t for the fact that our author is so busy, we’d be a little more nuts about her. I do have to admit that we love what she writes though. Sair reads the good parts out loud and it’s better than foreplay sometimes! And the woman’s heart is in the right place. If she makes us unhappy, she makes up for it in the end. She’s a serious sucker for a tear-jerking happy ending. Which, of course, is perfect for all of us – her characters.


5. How can readers reach you and buy your book?

Well, other than golfing day, you can find me at the cemetery five days a week. On golf day I’m only there a half day and my siblings and I do alternating half days on Saturday.

As for my book Common Ground, it’s the fifth of the Tales of the Darkworld series and you’ll find it Pink Petal Books. (www.pinkpetalbooks.com)

6. Anything you’d like to add?

I’d just like readers to know that the next book in the series is out in October and that marks the halfway point for the series. Over the next year, each book will take us to the end of the Tales of the Darkworld. We’d like to invite readers to join us on this journey as our author finishes her first series ever. It’s a bittersweet journey for us and the more people who join us the sweeter it becomes for us because what we want is for readers to pick us up and re-read us over and over again. Your love is what gives us life.

http://pinkpetalbooks.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=6&products_id=71&zenid=3a1460741e1e7f0a8b5a58cef47907d6

Blurb:
Werewolf Sair McCallan escapes the confines of her brother’s pack with the help of a mated werewolf couple who believe in open sexuality and relationships. With Weylyn and Keir Randall, Sair experiences freedom in all things for the first time in her life. When she meets her mate, she’s shocked to find he’s a boring, broody vampire. Uptight Marius Granville has his staid and orderly life completely shattered by the arrival of his bloodmate, a beautiful werewolf who steals his heart and expects him to join in her kinky play with the Randalls. Marius is forced out of his hum drum existence and opens himself to new sexual experiences to please Sair. As her new mate strives to give her everything she needs, Sair battles internal demons that threaten their fragile new relationship.
Warning: This book includes sex on a washing machine, a make out session ala From Here to Eternity, sex between best friends (F/F), double penetration of a female (oh, baby!), and the best blowjob in the world (M/M) all within the confines of the hottest ménage a quatre the Darkworld has ever seen.Excerpt:

Sair shoved at him and Marius stumbled back a step. She dropped to the floor and slipped around him, trotting out of the bathroom. He followed her down the stairs and onto the deck at the back of the house. With a graceful leap, she jumped from the deck into the thick grass.
Marius came to an abrupt halt. With the silvery moonlight gilding her skin, naked Sair was a sight to behold. He sucked in a breath, his cock becoming even harder at the erotic tableau of his bloodmate stroking her hands over her moon dappled flesh.
“By the gods, Sair! You’ve no clue what you’re doing to me,” he complained as he stepped down into the grass.
Grinning wickedly, she backed away from him. “Yes, I do.” She laughed softly and darted around a tree as Marius took the shortest path toward her.
“You’re going to make me fuck you out here, aren’t you?”
She laughed again and skipped easily away from him when he tried to catch her arm. “What’s wrong with that? Are you allergic to grass?”
“No.” He stopped in a beam of moonlight, his head turning to watch her cavort naked in the dark, flitting between the trees. “But won’t the moon turn you furry?” he joked. “I don’t think I’d like to find myself coming inside a wolf.”
Momentarily startled, she stopped weaving in and out of the trees and turned to look at him. “You’d best be joking, my biter,” she said sternly. “You don’t see me assumin’ you can turn into a bat or become a pile of ash in the sun. Or, the gods forbid, sparkle.”
Her face scrunched up in an exaggerated grimace and Marius laughed. “I’m teasing about the moon. But you still haven’t shown me your wolf. Does she not wish to meet me?”
The grimace turned to a frown on her beautiful moon gilded features. “Do you ever go to the pet store and play with the puppies?” she asked in a cautious tone.
Shit, Marius thought. I’m caught.
Sair’s brows rose and he knew she’d heard his thoughts. “Yeeeeesss,” he replied, drawing out the single syllable of the word.
“This isn’t the same.”
Her sharply humorous statement hadn’t even faded from his ears before the outlines of her body began to shimmer. Marius had seen dragons shift before, their bodies becoming golden confetti in the air before solidifying. Sair’s shift didn’t take that long. The shimmer of her form took a split second and in the next moment, her human form disappeared, replaced by a grey wolf.
The wolf’s tail wagged and Marius smiled. Sair trotted over and thrust her cold, wet nose into his palm. He stroked her soft head and sank his fingers into her thick coat. Just like her human form, her wolf wasn’t big. Larger than a German Shepherd, but not nearly as large as other wolves he’d seen. She bumped against his legs, pushing him as her tail brushed his ass.
“You are all stuck on my ass tonight, aren’t you?” he teased.
You don’t like me admirin’ that firm masculine flesh?
“I didn’t say that. It’s just that other firm masculine flesh is crying out for attention.” With his free hand he stroked his cock.
You better hope no one sees you like this. Standin’ naked in the moonlight, pettin’ a wolf and strokin’ your dick. You’d get arrested and maybe sent to the psych ward.
Marius laughed and let go of his cock. “You’re right.”
When his fingers loosened on her fur, she dropped down to the ground and rolled to her back, displaying her belly. The fur there was lighter and he knew it would be softer. Kneeling beside her, her rubbed her belly with both hands, knowing that she had put herself in that vulnerable position to show him that she trusted him.
She whined as he stroked her and then shimmered. Instantly, her human form returned and Marius found himself stroking her naked belly, just above her mons. He grinned.
“Now, isn’t this convenient?” he murmured and slipped a hand between her thighs. He found her wet, her delicate folds slippery with arousal. She whimpered as he stroked her lightly.
Fitting his body between her thighs, he rubbed the tip of his erection in her wetness. She moaned, her hips surging toward him. With a hand on her belly, he held her down as she squirmed, trying to take his cock inside her.
“No, I don’t think so, my beautiful wolf.”
She gazed at him wide-eyed and moved urgently beneath his hands. “Yes. I want you. Please, Marius.”
“Oh, you’ll have me, just not like this.”
Deftly, with a swiftness and strength that gave away his preternatural nature, Marius flipped her onto her belly, then pulled her up on her hands and knees. Briefly, his palms caressed her ass cheeks. He pushed them apart and rubbed the head of his cock against the pink pucker of her anus. Her moans grew louder and she thrust her hips backward, silently begging him to take her in the ass.
“Not tonight, little wolf. But soon,” he whispered.
Share this article :

+ comments + 6 comments

October 31, 2010 at 10:17 AM

Welcome Marius!

October 31, 2010 at 10:29 AM

Thanks for having us, Kate!

October 31, 2010 at 12:42 PM

Haha! I love the bit about Sair reading out loud. Fab!

October 31, 2010 at 9:11 PM

Jasmine - This is the first character interview I've done so I tried to just do it from inside their heads and not my own! Thanks!

November 9, 2010 at 8:38 PM

HI MARIUS! GREAT BLURB AND HOT COVER!

November 11, 2010 at 6:11 PM

PURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR MARIUS!!

Post a Comment

Disclosure as Per the FTC Guidlines:
All books reviewed at Got Romance! Reviews have been provided by the Publishers or Authors for free. Got Romance! Reviews has not been compensated for any reviews.
Got Romance! Reviews does not own any images, book covers or portraits on the site.
Book Cover images are from the various authors, pubishers or Goodreads
Elvin Pin-Up art were acquired from Elvgren PinUp
Hilga Pun-Up art were acquired from Toilgirls
Elvin and Hilga copyrights owned by Brown and Bigelow
Copyright © 2011. Got Romance! Reviews - All Rights Reserved
Template Creater | Proudly powered by Blogger