Today we're chatting with Xavier from Sandra Sookoo's Vegetarian at Midnight

1. Hi Xavier, please tell us a little bit about yourself.




First off, let me say how wonderful it is to be here, talking with the charming ladies of this review site. Now, you want to know about me. Ah, one of my very favorite subjects to talk about. I have been called sexy, gorgeous, an Adonis among men, and I must say it’s probably because of my blond curls. Women seem to favor them as much as I like to wear a fedora and appear well bred.



I’m a fairly simple individual. I like fine things, rare things, objects that others will lust after but can’t have because I own them. Objects d’art, old wines, rare books and the occasional woman—of course, that came to an end once I met my better half, Sophia. She plays havoc with my libido and as much as she denies we’re soul mates, I know she’ll come around to my way of thinking—eventually. I always enjoy a challenge.



2. I understand you have a little problem with a curse?



Unfortunately, you are correct. It would seem somewhere in my family tree, one of my male relatives pissed off the wrong woman and she put a curse of the males of my family. I have made my peace with being a wolf, but now, it isn’t as fulfilling as it once was and I’d like to change that. How does one go about lifting a gypsy curse? I shudder to even contemplate the steps involved yet will go through it because my dear Sophia will be with me every step of the way.



3. What’s the greatest challenge to being a werewolf?



Besides shredding my expensive, name-brand suits every time I shift? LOL I would have to say keeping a lid on my temper is the greatest challenge. I’m terribly territorial and once I met Sophia, convincing her—and everyone else—that she belongs exclusively to me is becoming a chore.



4. If you could be any other animal, which one would you pick?



Ah, my dear, why in God’s name would I want to become yet another animal when I’m attempting desperately to lose the one I’m saddled with?



5. Who, I mean what’s your favorite snack?



Lately, I have an affinity of snacking on folks who indulge in petty crime, like vandals, burglars and the like. I have been known to eat a jogger or two in my time, but when not noshing on a human now and again, I’m very fond of beef. I’ve never met a cow I didn’t like, much to Sophia’s chagrin. She has designs on turning me into a vegetarian, but as fond as I am of her, that will never happen.



6. How does the moon affect you?

How does it affect you, good woman? Contrary to popular literature, the moon has zero affect on my urge to shift into the beast within. I’d much rather enjoy the lunar events with the woman of my dreams, clothing optional.



7. How did you meet your author?



Ah, now that is a bit of a story in itself. There I was, living my life my own way in the forests of northern Indiana, when I had cause to meet a woman named Hannah. My intention was to eat her as a snack, but she would have none of that and got straight to the heart of my issues. Loneliness and people-eating. It was she that put me on a venison only diet, much to Sophia’s annoyance, I might add. But back to the question. The dear author, Sandra Sookoo, decided my looks would be wasted if I was allowed to fade into the background and it was she who determined I needed to make my story known to all and sundry in my own book VEGETARIAN AT MIDNIGHT. I did tell you all women fall victim to my charm and good looks. The author is no exception.



8. What’s she like?



Much like any other writer, I would suspect. Reclusive, mysterious and nearly permanently attached to her keyboard. She agonizes over how to bring out a particularly character’s story, how best to showcase that person, who to pair them with. I’ve heard she’s very fond of chocolate and Chinese food. I have also heard she’s good at cooking. Perhaps I should drop in on her for a recipe or two.



9. How can our readers find you and buy your book?



Ah, a woman after my own heart when it comes to marketing and advertising! The good folks at Eirelander Publishing are graciously selling VEGETARIAN AT MIDNIGHT in book digital and print formats http://www.eirelander-publishing.com. I have been made aware of their new website and I must say, it makes me yearn to revisit Ireland, but I simply cannot leave my Sophia. My book is also available on Amazon and All Romance e-books, and I believe my author will also have print books on hand to autograph in the coming weeks.



10. Anything you’d like to add?



I’m sad to say I must leave you now. Sophia is calling to continue my quest for the curse-breaking potion and I can’t deny her anything. However, let me add this. My greatest rival and biggest thorn in the side Braeden Hollister (you will meet him in my book) is trying to one-up me by having his own story told in March of 2011. I implore you, good readers, that when you read his book, you come back to mine, because, after all, I am the better hero as you will very well see.



Thank you so much for hosting me and I wish everyone a safe, happy and thoroughly delicious Halloween.
Share this article :

+ comments + 10 comments

October 11, 2010 at 10:22 AM

Thank you very much for coming today, Xavier. And for being so open. I will definitely have to read your rival's story...because I can't imagine he is more charming or dashing a hero than you!

October 11, 2010 at 10:50 AM

Great blog. I loved your book and I am sure to read Braeden's book just to compare notes.

October 11, 2010 at 11:00 AM

Thanks ladies :-) I'm so happy to hear that!

October 11, 2010 at 11:20 AM

It's also nice to hear that other authors are also reclusive computer huggers lol...my husband calls my laptop 'the growth' but I love every one of Sandra Sookoo's books!

October 11, 2010 at 12:15 PM

LOL Kate! Xavier was a tough one to wrangle. I'm so glad you enjoy my books! :-)

On my blog last Friday I posted 2 original openings to Vegetarian at Midnight that never made it off the cutting room floor.
Feel free to check it out for a laugh: http://sandrasookoo.wordpress.com/2010/10/08/the-story-behind-the-story-vegetarian-at-midnight/

October 11, 2010 at 7:34 PM

Hi Sandra and Xavier. I cannot wait to read both books.
Sue B

October 11, 2010 at 10:45 PM

Thanks Sue! I know Xavier looks forward to you picking the better hero...

October 13, 2010 at 12:11 PM

Xavier so glad you did not eat the author....(LOL)

October 13, 2010 at 12:20 PM

Oh me too! I'd miss her books!

October 13, 2010 at 1:10 PM

LOL Abigail, let me tell you, Xavier is quite a handful. You think trying to get him pinned down for an interview was hard? Try spending a whole book with him :-)

Thanks Kate. I sure do appreciate your liking my books :-)

Post a Comment

Disclosure as Per the FTC Guidlines:
All books reviewed at Got Romance! Reviews have been provided by the Publishers or Authors for free. Got Romance! Reviews has not been compensated for any reviews.
Got Romance! Reviews does not own any images, book covers or portraits on the site.
Book Cover images are from the various authors, pubishers or Goodreads
Elvin Pin-Up art were acquired from Elvgren PinUp
Hilga Pun-Up art were acquired from Toilgirls
Elvin and Hilga copyrights owned by Brown and Bigelow
Copyright © 2011. Got Romance! Reviews - All Rights Reserved
Template Creater | Proudly powered by Blogger