Please Welcome Author Kelly Abell

1. Tell us your latest news.
First of all thank you for having me as a guest on your site. I am very excited about my newest release Captured In Lies.
In Book Two of the In Lies Series Jack and Caroline are faced with insurmountable odds and we get to meet sexy Bomb Squad Commander Dane Kendrick. Dane will become embroiled in Jack’s tumultuous life and meet his beautiful sister, FBI Agent, Lucy Weaver. Although they meet under less than ideal circumstances the sparks fly leading to a passion that explodes off the page, literally. Read on to see what’s in store in Captured In Lies…
Just before Thanksgiving and after a passionate honeymoon in the Caribbean, Jack and Caroline Weaver return home to D.C. to start their new life together. Approaching their house Jack’s cell phone rings and the violent explosion that follows will change Jack’s and Caroline’s lives forever. The Emperor is back and he wants revenge.
Jack, reeling from what has just happened to the love of his life, is anxiously awaiting word from the doctor when he gets another call. The relentless Emperor now has Lucy, Jack’s sister, strapped to a bomb, somewhere in the city and in order to find her he must play a deadly game of scavenger hunt. The stakes are upped even higher when The Emperor places another bomb in Boston knowing that the sexy ex-SEAL with the maverick reputation can’t be two places at once. How can Jack find his sister, keep his wife safe, and stop the destruction of American lives?
Jack will be forced to trust a former military comrade, hunky Bomb Squad Commander, Dane “Boomer” Kendrick. Dane must go after Lucy while Jack heads to Boston. When Dane locates Lucy and arrives on the scene there is an instant attraction, despite the fact she is set to explode in less than 3 minutes. Can Dane and Lucy defuse the bomb and save Lucy’s life? What about defusing the passion that begins to grow between them? Will Jack be able to stop the deaths of innocent Americans without losing those most precious to him? It’s hard to know who to trust if you’re Captured in Lies.

2. What initially inspired you to become an author?
I have a cool story about that. I was toying with the idea of writing a book, as I’d always written short stories prior to that, and I went to work one day and had a conversation with a very good friend of mine. Chuck told me I really should write that novel and he and I discussed this book entitled The Weekend Novelist. The next day he brought in a gift card to Barnes and Noble and told me to go buy that book and to write that novel. Well that is exactly what I did. That one never got published but it set fire to the fever that’s been driving me for the last 10 years. Now I have 4 novels published and 1 short story.
3. What is your favorite book? And Why?
You know I’ve been asked this question before and I just have to be honest. I have about a million favorite books. To ask me to pick just one would be impossible. I am also finding so many new writers that are very entertaining. I look forward to more favorites.
4. Do you have a particular time of day to write? We love to hear about a writer’s process.
I work a full time job during the day so most of the time I try to write one hour a night and on the weekends. I would love to do it full time but until your readers make me a best seller I’ll just have to keep plugging along! LOL I normally write from 7 pm to 8 pm in the evening and whenever I can fit it in on the weekends. I have an office in my house that I run away to and disappear into my imagination. Sometimes the time runs away with me and I look at the clock and its almost midnight. I love those nights, but I’m not sure my family does! LOL
5. What do you find to be the most difficult part of writing?
This is a good question. The toughest part for me are the love scenes. I do not write erotica and really enjoy leaving something to the imagination for my readers and that makes it tough. Writing loves scenes without making them sound too Victorian or cheesy is hard. I’d welcome any advice!
6. Do you have a favorite author?
My favorite author is Nora Roberts. I want to be her when I grow up in Author Land. Her characters are so compelling and her story lines are never the same. I also love her In Death series written as J.D. Robb. Her dialogue is witty and fresh and I can visually picture her characters. I hope to inspire my readers the same way.
7. Tell us about your first published work.
When I got the notification from Solstice that I was being published I was so happy that I danced around the kitchen all day. I called EVERYONE I knew and no one was home. Sealed In Lies was my first book published. It had about three working titles before I finally settled on that one. It started out as Runaway Hostage and someone told me it sounded like a runaway teen story, so then I changed it to just Hostage, and that didn’t really seem right either and then one day it hit me. Sealed In Lies is a play on words from the main character who is an ex-SEAL and he lives a life of lies. So does Caroline and you see how that all plays together as the story unfolds.
8. Do you have a favorite of your own works?
Oh gosh, that is like asking me to pick which one of my children is my favorite. I love all my books and all my characters. I like the In Lies Series because Jack and Caroline are just so perfect together. She’s a Georgia Beauty Queen learning how to kick butt and he’s an ex-SEAL learning how to survive in a civilian world where he’s constantly being chased by his enemies. They are just so good together. On the other hand I really love Destiny Dove in the Haunted Destiny book. She’s a teen who learns she has the gift of seeing and speaking with ghosts and how she deals with this new “gift” is something to be admired. She’s a tough kid.
It is just really hard to pick a favorite. LOL

9. Where can our readers find you on the web?
You can find me at www.kellyabellbooks.com and I love to hear from my readers. Please stop in for a visit.

10. Where can they buy your books?
You can buy my books at these fine places
www.solsticepublishing.com
www.amazon.com
www.smashwords.com

11. Anything you would like to add?
Thank you so much for having me today. I enjoyed my visit. Readers, let me know what you think of my books after you read them! I’d love to hear from you.
you.
Share this article :

Post a Comment

Disclosure as Per the FTC Guidlines:
All books reviewed at Got Romance! Reviews have been provided by the Publishers or Authors for free. Got Romance! Reviews has not been compensated for any reviews.
Got Romance! Reviews does not own any images, book covers or portraits on the site.
Book Cover images are from the various authors, pubishers or Goodreads
Elvin Pin-Up art were acquired from Elvgren PinUp
Hilga Pun-Up art were acquired from Toilgirls
Elvin and Hilga copyrights owned by Brown and Bigelow
Copyright © 2011. Got Romance! Reviews - All Rights Reserved
Template Creater | Proudly powered by Blogger